Country Operations Manager - Madrid - Spain
Country Operations Manager - Spain
MeDiNova is a global network of clinical research sites and a subsidiary of ICON PLC.
This is an exciting opening to join a multicultural, forward thinking team of people, working for a fast growing, globally recognised dedicated research company in a Country Operational Role.Opportunities like this don’t come around too often!
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space?
Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renowned throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases?
Are you looking to play an integral role in the future of medicine across the globe?
We are looking to recruit a Country Manager for Spain, based in Madrid, to be responsible for coordinating all aspects of operations within the country. The current responsibility will for 3 sites in Spain with plans to significantly increase the number of sites in the coming years.
The Country Operations Manager will be responsible for achieving business performance ensuring operational compliance & efficiency, maximising growth opportunities and continuous improvement in line with MeDiNova Values – Quality, Recruitment, Delivery, Employees and Prospects.
Engaging, leading and developing the country operations, this is a pivotal role with an exciting opportunity to shape the strategy for our Spanish operations.
Key roles and responsibilities of the Country Manager are:•
- Operations strategy, planning and development – Lead & develop the operational capability of the one dedicated site and two affiliated sites to support planned growth with a focus on continuous improvement, simplification, automation and alignment of appropriate processes•
- Deliver on targets - Review and track the budget with internal stakeholders to consider how best to support maximum revenue and profit, creating and manage resource plans to achieve results•
- Performance Management and Leadership of the Local Country Team – Work with functional heads/direct reports, to drive a strong & collaborative culture.
- Customer Service and Satisfaction - Sustain, retain and improve excellent customer service in the country by incorporating innovation with products/additional services. Identify opportunities for account development / repeat business in conjunction with the Global Business Development team.
- Business Development and Key Account Development Support - assist in developing and retaining the existing key accounts to identify products and services which would benefit customers
- Compliance & Legal - Undertake all general management duties including legal and financial and operational compliance, for the country, with the company quality framework, regulatory (GCP, FDA) legislation, guidelines and international standards•
- Contractor Management and Insurance - Directs team to identify & manage appropriate third-party partners including undertaking regular review of local supplier/partner contracts to identify opportunities, efficiencies and cost savings. Ensure all insurance policies are current and meet requirements.
To be considered for this exciting, challenging opportunity you will need the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level, in a relevant subject, and possess a demonstrable background of leading, engaging & improving an operation from within the Clinical Research/Life Sciences industry. Alternative dynamic & highly regulated industry may be considered
- May suit a Senior Clinical Research Associate or Clinical Trials Manager who wants to branch out into Management
- Experience of working at a senior level paired with extensive interpersonal, leadership, & consultative skills.
- Fluent in Spanish & English.
- Collaborative and flexible communication style with the ability to deal with cross functional internal & external stakeholders on a regional & global basis.
- Financial acumen paired with proven success in operational growth and delivery.
- A proactive and engaging approach to planning, ensures performance measures are in place to monitor and assess attainment of goals and objectives. The ability to anticipate potential challenges and develops plans to overcome them.
MeDiNova is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.